Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Women are Distracting

Ok,

Before I start I admit that whatever happened - did so because of me. I was at fault.

A few days back , I get out of the house and walk down to my car. The weather is cloudy and breezy. The wet smell of earth is heavenly as it had just rained.

I leave for office thats in Vashi. Quite an uneventful drive I must say - listening to Malishka (on 93.5 Red FM) and driving slowly and steadily I reach Vashi. Traffic begins to increase inside of Vashi and I soon reach the flyover (beyond the new Adlabs wala mall) that takes me onto Thane Belapur road.

(Flashback) - Concreting of the Thane Belapur road has been going on for about a month now. The work is now right at the foot of the flyover. The flyover is 2 laned and one lane from the foot of the flyover is closed for traffic. So all have to get into 1 lane and get onto the Thane Belapur road.(Flashback over)

Cut to present - Malishka continues to entertain me while I get onto the flyover. As I reach the end of the flyover on the other side, as usual there is a pile up of traffic (2 lanes merging into 1) to get onto the Thane Belapur road.

I am in the left lane and behind me I see a biker on a Pulsar, trying to squeeze in between my car and the car next to me. He is honking away like crazy (short bursts, long bursts, irritated bursts) but the car next to me doesn't budge to give him way. The car to my right is just ahead of me, the car in front of mine is a white zen and he moves a bit ahead and I move a bit left so that the biker can go and come up parallel to the car to my right.

Traffic has stopped moving and curiosity gets the better of me. I turn right and want to have a look at the driver who irritated the biker that much. Surprisingly its a lady and a good looking one at that.

I keep staring at her, all the noise is cut off and I cant hear anything. The lane on my right inches ahead and the lady moves ahead too and my eyes follow her and her car.

Suddenly Malishka says " Red FM , BAJATE RAHO" and I feel a jolt.

I am like what has happened ? Suddenly I realise that traffic in my lane hasn't moved and I have the foot off my brake pedal and my car has rolled down a few centimetres and gone and snuggled into the zen's backside (bumper) very gently. The lady meanwhile has dissapeared.

Now the fun starts. The guy in the zen obviously felt the JOLT. He looked behind, saw it was a Skoda that kissed his backside (his car's). He shut the engine and got down like a true hero wearing sunglaases (on a cloudy day ?? ) , banged the door shut of his zen (ouch) and walks up agrresively to me. I roll down the window and lift up my hand in acknowledgement and say "Sorry Mate". He glowers at me and goes and takes a look at the part where his car got pecked, obviously nothing has happened but he has to make his point na.

Thus starts a conversation between him and me which I reproduce below -

Him (angry) - "Dikhta nahi hai kya:
Me - "Dikhta hai boss, sorry"
Him (glowering) - "Upar chadake sorry bolega kya"
Me - "Upar kidhar chadaya boss, sorry bola na, galti hogaya"
Him - "Pata nahi hai brake marna hai toh, door rakhne ka gaadi"
Me - "Haan aage se dhyaan rakhoonga boss"
Him - "Aisa thodi hota hai, kuch bhi karega..blah...blah..blah"
I (after he had finished) - "Boss - meri galti hai, sorry bola maine, ab kya karun? "

So he leaves, still angry, and gets into his zen and slams the door again (ouch). Starts the car and gives me a look that could kill in his RVM and zooooms off.

A dirty thought enters my mind - it says drive behind him and irritate him but then I forget that and drive slowly to work still smiling.

And yes - Malishka was still going on - "Bajate raho"

Lesson Learnt - Always be calm and smiling in ugly situations. Own up if you are at fault with a smiling face and the situation defuses itself pretty fast.

So as I said at the beginning - I was at fault - the fault being getting distracted by a pretty lady.

ACTUAL Lesson learnt - Women distract men, even on roads and can lead to ugly situations. So guys keep your eyes on the road.

2 comments:

GlobeTrotter said...

Hi Gautam,

Finally a team-bhpian who loves women as much as (if not more than) cars...he he...

Thank god no serious damage was done to the car in front.

Chalaate Raho...

Ramakrishnan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.