Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sweet Experiences - Part 2

2 more incidents happened that made me smile and fee warm.

Incident 1

Driving towards LBS road from Ghatkopar depot @ 11 am on 28-03-08, I get stuck at the LBS junction signal. My eyes wander here and there.

To my right there is a chawl type building and I look at it with no particular interest. My eyes fall on the first floor window which has a grill - pretty common you would say and I agree - but here there were 2 kids (a 5 year old and approx. 2 year old) sitting in the grill with their legs dangling in the air. The 2 year old kid was enjoying that feeling and the 5 year old was playing the protective brother to the hilt. Taking care of his younger brother and making sure he enjoys the feeling.

Made me remember my kiddie days when I used to sit in the grill of my window and watch the world go by, count the cars and try and guess each car.

Incident 2

Driving to work today morning, I pull up at the Deonar signal. Next to me is a Fusion +. As usual my eyes wander and come to rest on the guy in the Fusion. He was drinking water from a bottle (taken from his bag). And half his attention was on whether the signal will turn green while he is drinking water. It didn't and he was relived. So he thought let me check the other stuff in my bag. He removes a tiffin box and checks the content and his face registers shock. Promptly, he puts that box in and removes a second tiffin box and this time his face registers more shock like this .

The signal turns green and I take off. The guy managed to keep the box and drive on. Comes next to me on the next signal as well and is talking animatedly on the phone (to his wife I presumed) and I drove off smiling.

No comments: