Search This Blog

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Movie Review - SIngh is Kinng

Singh is Kinng

Hmm - where do I start ? A movie with the story as thin as the "I" in Kinng with emotional comedy dramatic scenes and songs shot on exotic locales. Confused ?

Even the director was I feel !

Story is all about this OTT do gooder who goes to Ozzie land to get back a sardar turned underworld king who hails from his village. As is the norm he has to meet a girl whom he falls in love with and also by a twist of fate lands up in the chair of the underworld king..

Have you seen Namaste London ? If yes - don't bother watching this. It's 70 % of NL.

Akshay is good in the movie and Katrina is RAVISHING. The support cast is good.

Music - the title track wowed me - I hated the song when it played on TV but when I saw it in the hall - WOW ! Other than this all songs were ok - Snoop Dogg video was not upto the mark, music was fun.


The best scene in the movie - when all the guys use the wheel chair don to get their drinks and munching - I was rolling watching that - Hilarious.

Verdict - 2/5
. If you guys miss this, don't worry you haven't missed much.

ps - the movie left me wondering why Sardars ? If it was a Christian, Hindu or a Muslim - the movie would still be the same.

Maybe the audience the producer is aiming at is the NRI punjabi crowd. And with Akshay in the movie playing a sardar, overseas success of this movie is going to be HUGE.

No comments: