Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Another "QUEUE" tale

Yesterday afternoon I walk into HDFC bank in Powai, filled up the pay in slip for cash deposit and went and stood in a queue. There are 3 counters out of which 1 was closed, 1 was handling the cheque deposits only (God only knows why only cheques !) and the 3rd was shut. There were about 10-12 people in the queue.

Now a HDFC bank employee comes and announces that the closed counter is now open and cash deposits can be done here too...a couple of people hear him (including yours truly) and we form a queue at that counter which puts me in 2nd place in the queue.....now the fun starts.

A guy from the previous queue comes and asks the guy in front of me if cash deposits can be made in this queue and on receiving an positive reply....he tells the fellow that he will stand behind him !

I got pissed...and here is the conversation between us,

Me - Hello ? What are you doing ?
Him - I was standing behind him in the earlier queue !
Me - So that gives you the authority to be behind him wherever he goes ? I guess you should be at the end of this queue.
Him - Then I will have to go the previous queue or go to the end of this one.
Me - Yes Einstien, now move !

I mean what kind of chuts are these people ?? I mean the whole country now thinks it can get away with anything or what ? No civic sense at all !!


1 comment:

Mayura Amarkant said...

It sure is a dismal state of affairs....I doubt if people actually know the definition of "Civic Sense" in our country.....
Gautam - everyone speaks abt rights noone speaks abt duties here....
Same ppl r epitome of manners when they go abroad - wierd really...