Search This Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2007

What the Fuck !

So its ended . The tamasha that was on all over - the newspapers , the tv stations and in schools and in temples. Its over now.

I am talking about the Return of Sunita Williams to Earth !

I could see people carrying out havans, poojari's chanting mantras and school children carrying photos and placards of Sunita Williams for her safe return to earth. And that is exactly why I ask - WHAT THE FUCK ? I mean come on - nothing like this would have taken place in the USA also after it was known that there was a problem with the shuttle.

Why do we have to pray for someone who isnt fully Indian yet ? I may sound racist but trust me thats not the point I want to make. Her father left India in the 1960's and thats her only Indian connection. He got married to an Slovenian lady and Sunita is the product. They say she has visited our country - that makes her Indian right ?

Oh I forgot - She carried some samosas that she ate in space, thats an Indian dish. Also she carried the Bhagvad Gita and an idol of Lord Ganesh but so what ? If I carry the Bible to space tomorrow, will the Americans or any Christian country (I hate thise type of words) for that matter carry out mass prayers or havans for my safe return ?

I am not trying to start a war here on the basis of religion or Gods or countries. but can't we ever think rationally ? I mean I am happy that the Space shuttle landed safely but I am glad not for Sunita alone but all her colleagues that they made it back safe.

And the media here is another medium that hypes up this kind of stuff. If you want to wish Sunita a safe return sms us , said one channel. I mean WTF ! By sending our sms to a news channel, we can ensure that the space shuttle lands safely ? Get a life man you news channels and stop playing emotional content to fool the gulliable people of our country.

And we the educated people of India - can't we fucking understand that the space shuttle came back safely because it was repaired using some nice technology in space and not by chanting mantras and conducting havans ? Is this so hard to grasp ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beats the hell out of me as well. Why are we so desparate to associate ourselves with achievements. We have our own things to be proud of.
woof woof.

E_L