Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dil, Dosti aur kya kya - 2

This time I write about my friend "S". No, not sex.

S - The 1st time I met him - he was in this formal shirt and trouser (which I could not connect to then). I remember we both ended up searching something for a common friend though we met for the 1st time. I knew then this guy was a helpful guy.

Since he was in the IT industry, it was strange to see him come back home at 1830 hours daily. I used to wonder whether he actually worked (since I was under the impression that IT guys worked pretty late).

We met on and off and since he lived bang opposite to my building, it was obvious we were to become good friends. He was also the elder son in the family (like C) and he has completely lived up to his family's expectations. His parents, brother and sister - all are settled in life and he has played a major part in their lives being settled.

He is married, C is not. And marriage has changed him (however hard he may debate the fact). He is now in UK (traitor) and his wife has been a real calming influence on him I feel. He used to have a very short fuse earlier which seems to have defused these days. :)

We have done pretty crazy things to-gather - forgetting his slippers on a highway and finding it at the same place a couple of hours later, bashing up a taxi guy for banging into my car from behind, going after a guy in a ST bus in Hyderabad - we have done it all. I seriously thought then that he needed to attend Anger Management classes.

He looks serious but has a very good sense of humour and does a killer imitation of S P Balasubramanium.

Distance, though has not been able to distance our friendship and we still try to be in touch whenever we can.

1 comment:

dreamcatcher said...

The muscle man, the boxer, the italian stallion, Mr.S