Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Scary Moment

Driving back from work today evening, I am at the Panjra Pool signal in Chembur going towards Sion. The signal turns green and I take off since the traffic is light. Just about 200 meters ahead is a police road block. There is a ST bus to my right and I know he is going to swerve wildly to his left to go through the barrier - so I honk and flash my lights to make him aware of my presence to his left.

Then it happens - a traffic cop signals me to pull over. I do so and park the car and down the window glass on the passenger side. 2 cops come, look inside thoroughly. One asks for my license. As I proceed to open my wallet and search my license in the wallet, one asks me - "Where do you work?"

And I say "Navi Mumbai".

The expression on both the cop's faces change and I realise what I have just said.

I add - "Thane Belapur Road" but the look on the cops faces makes my hair stand.

"Aap ke paas card hai ?" - one asks

"Haan hai." - I reply and quickly fish out my visiting card.

Both have a thorough look and hand the card back to me.

"Aap Jaao"

"Thank You" - I mutter and move away.

No comments: