Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Dil, Dosti aur Kya Kya

It's time to write about the most wonderful people in your life - friends.

I have 2 very close friends and I feel it's time to talk about them, one by one.

C - C is an enigma to me yet. I met him ages ago - at that moment in his life, he was the eternal superior being. He felt he was the King and behaved like all of us were his subordinates and I thought he was obnoxious. Somehow one day we got to spend some time togather which made us realise that we actually could get along with each other. Never looked back after that. The bond grew stronger and stronger. He was my constant companion round the clock - the fact that both of us had intelligence far better than the crowd around us made the friendship stronger.

He was blunt, I was politically correct. He was rude, I was the gentleman. He was without a care, I was the one always worried. Opposites attract they say - we were the prime examples.

They say people can change each other. And it has happened with C and me. In the initial days, whenever we used to go clubbing - I opted for beer and he always showed his macho side by ridiculing beer and shoving down whisky on the rocks (I told you he was obnoxious, right?) and now the situation is such that whenever I ask him for a drink he says beer and I have started relishing whisky.

He is a passionate family guy and I am proud of him the way he has responded to the duty of being the elder son. Absolutely class.

I learnt a lot of new things from him (eg tripping hehe) and most importantly I learnt not to care about what poeple might think/feel of my actions.

He was one guy who treated girls very matter of fact and it was considered that this guy would never fall in love....or rather no girl would fall in love with this fellow. But we were again proven wrong. He fell in love too.

We have survived a variety of incidents, emotions and situations - and the fact that we have come out stronger and closer is proof of our friendship and I am proud to have him as a friend.

I don't believe I am saying this about him but as I told you - he is an enigma.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a very good re-start Gautam and see, you've already had 5 visitors since yesterday evening. Way to go.

dreamcatcher said...

Nicely written. Isnt it amazing how a few words can fit in lives, characters, events and much more..

Waiting for you to write about your second friend.

Ramana KV said...

Good one.. Something that can be easily related to..

Princess said...

The way you have written is nice...reflects the strong friendship bond between you people :)