Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Falling in Love - AGAIN

There she was, standing in a corner, looking as good as she has ever done. I was noticing her after a long time, a dull ache came over my heart. Will she talk to me ? Will she even look at me ?

What should I do ? My mind was in turmoil. I decided to go and talk to her.

I walked up slowly (watching and admiring her). She looked even better when closer.

Hi - I said.
Hi (Hint of a surprise in her voice)
Her voice sounds sweet, still.
How are you doing?
I am fine, how are you ?
I am fine too. You are looking good.
Thanks.


All the time I was thinking, what if words fail me or the conversation just takes a full stop - and that is precisely what happened. An awkward silence where both didn't know what to say.

Hows life?
It's good, nothing major has happened yet but it is fine.

Come on think on your feet. What are you going to say next - this is not going anywhere.
Err what are you doing in the evening? (Damn what was that I just said, but it was already too late)
Nothing much. No plans.
Can we just catch up?
Sure.
Let's go.


Soon we are sitting to-gather. Music is playing in my ears.
Want to dance ? - she asks.
I haven't danced in ages.
So what?
I don't know whether I would be able to dance without making a fool of myself.
Don't be a spoil sport. You can always try.
Ok, lets do it.


I was still thinking - what am I getting into? I can't dance for nuts.

We start of slowly. She helps me get the steps right and match her rhythm. I feel confident after a while. Soon the music changes the tempo, it's faster and I am feeling confident. We dance like we were wanting to dance with each other for a long time. And we are in perfect rhythm. Not a beat is missed and not a step is out of sync.

After about 30 minutes we finish dancing. I am breathless. I am grinning. My heart is pounding. I am thrilled. I am surprised, I lasted this long. We both look at each other at the same time.

And I am damn sure, as that moment, she was thinking the same as I was - damn I have missed being with him/her. That was fun.

We should do this more often - both say this at the same time.

Sadly I had to leave then, but, I knew then, I had fallen in love AGAIN. It felt great.

As I walked away from her, I turned back to look at her and there she was, looking at me. I gave her a flying kiss. She smiled at me.

Would you guys like to know her name ?

It's MH04-BK-7510.



No comments: